Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bless this House (1)

My husband and I are buying a home (actually our 6th one- I have moved 7 times with this man during our 14 year relationship. I AM a virtuous woman). My commute to the hospital was just so long, as was his.
I am fairly easy about homes- I want something that is comfortable, but which will allow me to put my stamp on it. With this blog, I am getting the opportunity to see lots and lots of beautiful Judaica (some of it costing more than a year's mortgage) but a lot is affordable for the average collector. Over the next few weeks, I will be showing pieces that I think would be lovely in my home- or yours. Let me know what you think.

First let's see about home blessings. Can't you see this in your foyer or mine?
It is large at 18.5" high but would surely make an impression on all who enter.
The artist is Raphael Abecassis
The works of Raphael Abecassis are characterized by an integration between excellent technical performance, a refreshing and original combination of colors as well as clear and perfect compositions. Raphael combines beautiful color and form with meaningful texts and proceeds to cut out elements to give the piece more depth.

No comments: