Friday, April 20, 2007

Mazal Tov, Ryan


Early among my posts was one about yads as Bar and Bat Mitzvah gifts. I took my own advice and purchased this one from Seeka for my cousin who becomes a Bar Mitzvah this week. I doubt he looks at my blog so you all can see it first (and I won't have time to post tomorrow so I am doing my Shabbat Post early).

And for this week, one which has been colored by some horrible events here in the United States and across the world a poem by Tal Sorek, Age 12, Beersheva, Israel


I had a box of colors
Some warm, some very cold.
I had no red for the blood of wounds
I had no black for the orphan's grief.
I had no white for dead faces and hands.
I had no yellow for burning sands.
But I had orange for the joy of life.
And I had green for buds and nests.
I had blue for clear skies.
I had pink for dreams and rest.
I sat down and painted
Peace.

No comments: